Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

It's snowing! It has been on and off since last night. I hear it is only going to get worse. Noah seems to be mesmerized by the snow. Walking in from church last night he was kicking it up, eager for the opportunity to play in it.

At that time, we only had an inch. Now we've got several inches. Maybe tomorrow we'll go out and play.


This reminds me of an illustration my pastor shared with us in the last year. I believe he was living in New York at the time and was still a kid. They just had a big snow and he was outside with his dad. The snow was past his knees. He tried so hard but just couldn't get through the snow. Then his dad said to him, "Son, walk where I walk." Of course, that made all the difference in the world and he was able to get through the snow with little effort.

I cannot remember the scripture Brother Orvin preached from that day but I sure remember what he was trying to tell us. At times life is difficult to get through but if we would just follow Jesus and walk where he walks, we will surely get through. Save yourself the struggle, follow Jesus!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...