Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dirty Jobs: A Day in the Life of a Mom

It's been over 30 days now since we gave up our cable television. Do I miss it? Not really. Am I sick of watching the same Veggie Tales video over and over? Heck Yeah!

I was just thinking about how nice it is to have dinner without the television on in the background. We used to sit in front of the TV every time we ate. Jeremy always seemed to find the greatest shows to watch while eating (sarcasm). His favorite program to watch while enjoying dinner was the Discovery Channel's, Dirty Jobs. Who wouldn't want to watch someone scrape up road kill, repair a septic tank or assist a cow giving birth all while snacking on chili cheese fries?

Mike Rowe needs to come out for a day and follow me around. I don't believe I've seen any stay at home moms featured on the show. As a matter of fact, taking care of two little boys, a husband and a home has to be the dirtiest job I know of! Before lunch today I was spit up on twice, drooled on, peed on, pooped on, and had snot wiped on me. Not to mention I  had to change a "blow out." I'm not talking about a tire, I'm talking about pampers! Same thing everyday. Dirty socks and underwear to wash. Cereal dumped in the floor. Boogers wiped on the window. Don't even get me started on Noah's new "paintings." Let's just say they are a form of "art" that will have you gagging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...