Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Future Voter

   
Noah proudly displays his sticker for voting yesterday
First of all, I'd like to apologize to anyone voting at precinct 40.01 yesterday that may have been bothered by my "future voter."

Second of all, if I can take two small children with me to vote, there is nothing I can't do. (Apparently there are many things I cannot do!)

I waited till about 2 o'clock in the afternoon yesterday to venture out to the polls. I figured that would be the slow time of day. Much to my surprise, the polls were still very busy. I picked up my ballot and with a baby carrier in one hand, Noah in the other, I pressed the ballot between my lips so I could shuffle to a table. "Ma'am, that is no way to treat an official ballot."

I sat down at a table. Asa was asleep peacefully in  his car seat (thank God!) I sat Noah in the chair next to me and said, "shhh, we must be very quiet." He smiled back at me, held his finger up to his mouth and repeated the words back. I began filling out my ballot as quickly as possible.

Within moments, Noah began waving and shouting hi to everyone in the room. Only a few people cared enough to glance up from their ballots. After another "shhh" from me, Noah proceeded to remove his jacket, shoes and socks! Oh well, at least he is being quiet I thought.

I only had two more circles to fill in when Noah suddenly jumped out of his chair and made a run for it. He went straight for the voting booths (all of which were full.) He was running right underneath them! I had no choice but to get down on my hands and knees and go after him. I didn't have a chance to look around but I'm pretty sure we had everyone in the rooms attention.

Noah must have thought this was a game. When he saw me coming after him, he started laughing and ran faster! I don't know what I would have done if a poll worker wouldn't have stepped in to catch him. *Sigh* In a frustrated tone she said to me, "I'll get his shoes back on him while you turn your ballot in."

I rushed through the rest of my ballot before turning it in. I gathered my belongings and we were (shamefully) on our way out the door but not before Noah had a chance to tell everyone bye!

I just pray that in the future I am still allowed to vote. If I am, I am soooo leaving the kids in the car! (Not really but it's tempting)

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days! My kids are 10 and 7 now...I wish I could say it gets better...lol.
    http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That is soo funny. We went to vote, and small town, it only had 2 people it the building, a good 40 years older then us. Daniel waved hi to everyone and preceded to try tipping chairs over. The lady gave him some crackers and he was still and quite after that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...