Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos!

This past weekend I celebrated my 24th birthday. It was one of the best birthdays I can remember having in a long time.

I had only asked for 4 things 1.)  To get to sleep in to 9 a.m. 2.) A babysitter for the day 3.) The opportunity to shave my legs and 4.) An over the door shoe organizer rack. Am I easy to please or what?

But oh, I got so much more than I expected!

Aunt Penny offered to watch the boys for me. After a lazy morning around the house, sleeping in and shaving my legs, I spent the afternoon shopping with my cousin, Ash. She introduced me to Yogurtini. AMAZING. All the while, poor husband Jeremy had to work. That's OK because after work, he had a top secret date planned for the two of us. He had dropped a hint that morning suggesting that I carry an extra pair of socks in my purse for later. Hmmm....are we going bowling?

It was nearly the end of my afternoon with Ash but there was just one more thing to do before I met up with Jeremy. Aunt Penny called and needed us to bring up some ice. Apparently, a friend of the family had died and they were having a small get together. (If you can see where this is leading great because I didn't!) When we walked in with the ice, I was greeted with a loud SURPRISE!!!

 In a state of shock and confusion, I looked around to see a room full of family and friends smiling back at me. The biggest smile of all belonged to my wonderful husband. With the help of several family members, he had planned the fiesta themed surprise party. He had bought me 24 roses and 24 balloons. For dinner we had fajitas, enchiladas, taquitos, rice, beans, chips and salsa. My cake looked like a sombrero. We had non-alcoholic margaritas. There was even a pinata stuffed with my favorite candy.

I was so happy to see everyone and I had a wonderful time. I felt so loved and appreciated. Thank you to everyone that made my birthday so special.




P.S. To all of those who lied to me repeatedly to keep it a surprise, I forgive you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...