Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rednecks in Training

I very rarely buy my boys new clothing. It seems like the only time I buy them new clothes is in emergency situations. For instance, when Noah was 6 months old we went out of state for the weekend. For our two day trip, I must have packed close to fifteen outfits. Shockingly, that was not enough. After a "terrible incident" on the way home, we had to stop for an emergency diaper change and purchase a new outfit for the remainder of the ride.



We have been very blessed to have had many clothes given to us. Bags and bags of clothing have been passed on to my children. They are great clothes too! Most kids grow so fast that their clothes look almost new. Yesterday Jeremy brought home two bags of clothing given to us by a coworker of his. As I sorted through the clothing I began to realize something. My boys have more overalls than the local FFA!





I counted about twenty pairs of overalls in their closets. They have denim overalls, plaid overalls, striped overalls and even camo overalls! I can't help but wondering, do we give off some kind of redneck vibe?

3 comments:

  1. Ebay seems to be awesome for purchasing inexpensive lots of clothes. You should also try joining your local freecycle group. People in your area will want to get rid of random things and all you have to do is go pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 4 boys- and we've kept all apparrel to hand down. And now it is taking over my storage room. My problem is that I seem to be emotionally attached to some of those clothes. I can't seem to part with them. I don't even want to try and count overalls! Hey I'm following you from a blog hop and I would love it if you would follow back, please.

    Crystal
    http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL That is hilarious. Overalls are so comfy, aren't they? I would think kids would love them, and they look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...