Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Don't Turn Your Back

I've always been told that moms have eyes in the back of their heads. I am a mom now. I have been for a little over two years. So when do I get eyes in the back of my head? 

The truth is I could use them now more than ever! My boys are constantly getting into stuff. At this point it's mostly Noah but I fear how bad it will be when Asa is mobile.

The other day I had to make an important phone call. It was one of those calls where you don't want kids bothering you. Heaven forbid they interfere with my response to the automated computer operator. No matter what as soon as I pick up the phone, I am needed more than ever. Noah is hungry. Asa is hungry. Somebody starts crying. Somebody starts screaming. In a moment of frustration I turned my back to the kids and stuck a finger in one of my ears. Ten minutes later I returned to reality.

It was not good.

Noah got into mommy's deodorant.





This never would have been a problem if I had eyes in the back of my head.


6 comments:

  1. lol The fun children have when you are not looking. I don't remember having so much fun when I was little. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! I hear ya- I need my back-of-the-head eyes too because my 4 little dudes are always into something, breaking something, makeing a mess of something.

    Crystal
    http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I am sorry to laugh, but I cannot imagine walking into that and not being irritated and then laugh hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy,
    I love your blog. Even though I do not live nearby you keep my posted on how you are doing.
    You are a beautiful lady with memories to share. Your photos complete your stories. Keep it up...you have a gift!
    Love you, Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to utilize some creative parenting skills: put them in a cage when you are busy! JK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son did this one time, except it was baby powder. I was aggravated at first (what a mess, it was everywhere) but I didn't get too mad. I ran to get the camera instead. Sometimes you just have to, in the interest of sanity.
    Funny!
    Chris
    http://poopwafoley.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...