Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Meeting new people

Being a stay at home mom makes it difficult to make and keep friends. I've met a lot of great people the last few years. Unfortunately, many of us have gone separate ways. We left a lot of our friends behind when we moved from the Mid-MO area to KC. Even some of the friends I've made in Kc have moved away! It's been really discouraging to lose these friendships. It's great to keep up with old friends over the phone and through facebook but it's just not the same as hanging out face to face.

I still have a couple of great friends out here to hang out with but I've been really down lately about not having many friends. It's especially disappointing when I'm unable to keep up with my old friends. It seems like everyone is too busy to talk on the phone anymore. I'm sure I have been driving Jeremy crazy whining and complaining about it. I started a Ladies Bible Study a couple of weeks ago and was able to meet some of the women in my church. It's been nice so far. We talked about taking our problems to God. It seems like many of us call our moms or complain to our husbands when we are having a problem. That's fine to some extent but sometimes we neglect to take our problems to God! I finally took this issue to God. I really feel like he has heard my prayers and I'm already feeling much better about it.

Not only am happy to be meeting women through my church's Bible study but God has opened up other opportunities as well. Today I went to the mall with a girl that I went to college with. We never really talked or hung out at school. I saw through facebook that she and her husband had moved to KC recently. I contacted her a few weeks ago to see if she'd be interested in getting together. It was really nice to be able to just walk around and talk. We seem to have a lot in common. She is a mom too. Hopefully we can get together again sometime. I was also able to hang out with my best friend Ash today. We haven't hung out much since I had Asa. And to top off a great day, I met a really cool person when I got home tonight. I was coming into my apartment and ran into my neighbor who I met once a month ago. We got to talking. She is a christian and a mom of two little boys! We stood outside talking for almost ten minutes. She was really nice and it sounds like we have so much in common. She even invited me to a mom's group! We are gonna get together soon and take the boys out to play together. I'm really looking forward to that. I am just so thankful for what God is doing in my life right now! If only I had taken this to Him sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...