Here's the 411 on Mother's Day from a REAL mom, not the writer of a Hallmark card. Ladies, now is the time to bookmark this page for your husbands. Better yet, you'd might as well just e-mail it to him or he'll never see it. While you're at it, go ahead and name your subject, "New Flat Screen TV" or "Free Taco Bell For a Year!"
1. First of all, next Sunday is Mother's Day. That is May 8, 2011. Don't forget. :) Mom's won't forget if you do.
2. You need to get a gift (at the very least a card) for your mom and the mother of your child. It doesn't matter if she is not your mother. She carried around your child and gave birth to your child. I could go into detail but I won't. Get her a gift!
3. Remember, Mother's Day is before Father's Day. We will remember how special our day was when we are thinking of yours.
4. Handmade cards are completely acceptable from children (and very much cherished.)
5. Breakfast in bed is also super sweet. Personally I would like to sleep in. Breakfast after 10 a.m. is fine. Check first.
6. Cereal is not acceptable as breakfast in bed, nor is a pop tart. Here are some never-fail suggestions: Pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, toast or biscuits and gravy.
7. Most importantly make sure that all the mom's in your life know how much they are loved and appreciated. After all being a mom is the hardest (and best) job in the world but unfortunatley the least appreciated at times.