Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Terrible Twos are Here!

It hardly seems possible but today is Noah's second birthday.  Wow, time flies! I remember the day he came into this world like it was yesterday. It certainly wasn't your typically Hollywood birth that's seen on television and in the movies. My water did not break in public, there was no hoo hoo-hee hee breathing technique,  I definitely didn't break Jeremy's hand during the looong labor and not one curse word came out of my mouth the entire day!

I did however, stop for taco bell while in route to the hospital. I had an epidural (one of the scariest parts of the day.) I visited with family and friends during the hours before Noah made his appearance. I recall hearing about the guessing game family played in the waiting room. They each guessed what Noah's birth weight would be. No one could have imagined that he would be close to 9 lbs!

I had never been more scared before in my life nor had I ever been in so much pain. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I couldn't even get myself out of bed to go to the bathroom, how was I suppose to care for a newborn?!? I was very thankful that Noah was healthy and I was especially thankful for all of the support during those first few days after the delivery. I don't mean to brag or anything but I've keep him alive for two years! Now that's worth celebrating!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    First, I must say, you look fabulous for having 2 kids! With a husband, a son and a newborn, I’m sure you are as busy as a bee. And – every Mom deserves a little bit of a break!

    I'd like to tell you about an event that a busy Mom like you would love!

    I'm not sure if you've heard, but Dressbarn is opening a new Lee's Summit store at the end of September in the Summit Fair Shopping Center (880-D NW Blue Pkwy).

    Do you have an email address I can reach you at to give you more details?

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...